Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Import tool question

Status
Not open for further replies.

atascoman

Technical User
Oct 10, 2003
US
I am getting ready to do an import of about 1000 users. I have a couple of questions for anyone who has used this tool.

1. Will it delete my existing users if they are not listed in the import tool CSV?

2. What does the format for the DID range field need to look like?

OK, I got it to work. I did opt to not do the DID info thought since these are mailbox only users. Calls will still get to the mailbox. Existing users were not deleted.

Have another question though. How do I tell the Import Tool to update/delete user records. I'm kinda guessing that with update you just include their first,last name and then whichever fields you want to change. Not 100% certain though. Can't think of how to make it delete a record. Is there a -switch command or entry in the CSV you have to include?

Another thing. All 1000 users that I just imported need to have email notification when they get a new voicemail. Is there a field I can put in the CSV file that this tool will see and use to update the user records? I can't find any way to turn this on globally for all of these users without manually changing each one.

Got it all figured out. To update you just populate the extension field and then whichever other field you want to update. To delete, enter the extension only and leave everything else blank.

On the DID thing. DID Range need to look like this 14083351000. DID number would look the same just with the specific DID number. Tested all thress scenarios so I know for sure they work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back