Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Import to create invoice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curtis59

Vendor
Aug 21, 2006
US
I am designing a barcode system to input to and from Peachtree. Problems on the import/exprt feature of Peachtree. When am order is received works fine. I've got all those fields to match up. My problem is when an order goes out trying to create a sales invoice... Looks like it is working, but The "Item" portion and related fields... quantity ,price... are missing. I'm using these fields...
In this order

Customer
Date
Ship By
Acc Rec Account
Acc Recc Amount
Sales Tx Code
Number of Distributions
Quantity
Item ID
Description
GL Account
Unit Price
Tax Type
Amount
Sales Tax Authority

This is on a 2003 version of Peachtree, don't think the fields have changed since.. But I'm very new to Peachtree.
I've done the export in csv to excel and I think I have all fields required. Something missing? Is there a simple list of minimum required fields for import export???
Thanks!!

Curtis

Maybe my post is not stated correctly. I am not exporting anything. This is an external barcode application. Then the info will be imported into Peachtree to reflect both inventory purchased and inventory sold.

I'm doing a new import myself. I'm pulling data from an SQL database with Visual FoxPro and sending it to a group of CSV files. Couple of things I've run into. I have to import the salesmen info first, Then the customer info and then the sales order info. This is because Peachtree validates a lot of data. Another point is that I needed to change the sign of one of the total fields to get it to show up right.

There is a bunch of stuff in the help on inport and export.

I'm designing with Peachtree 2007 and will use 2006 for the actual working version.

Bill Couture
SBTBILL.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back