Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Import SMS messages to Access DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia03

IS-IT--Management
Mar 20, 2003
IE
I'm not sure if this is the right forum so I'm going to post this in a couple of places. Apologies for the duplication.

I need to automatically import SMS text messages into a table in an access database. The SMS messages are basically coming in as a simple comma delimited text file with 6 or 7 pieces of data in each row (eg, itemnum, temp, battery, sample).

It's easy to use the "get external data" command and manually import the file that way, but I'm going to be receiving one message every 30-45 minutes and am looking for an application or some code that will automatically retrieve the messages and do the import in one step.

Ideally the code/application could be scheduled to run frequently or just to sweep a folder location for any new files once a day and import them all to the same table, appending rows as it imports.

Anyone heard of anything like this before or have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back