Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Import Registry settings into Session

Status
Not open for further replies.

FUBAR911

MIS
Sep 30, 2002
GB

Hi all,

Microsoft released Office XP service pack 3 and as you always expect there are complications. Problem we have is that when users try to do a mail merge a message comes up stating that you are about to run a SQL command that will replace the documents data source with yours.

I have searched on the net and found a fix KB825765 which states that you have add a Dword to the registry to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER hive. Problem with this is I have to apply it to every user’s session. I tried to do this with a batch file and by adding a command to our login script.

Both failed, it workes when manually imported the reg file but I want to make it seamless with no user intervention.

I am all out of ideas so any help will be appreciated.

Haver a look at KixTart on the Windows SDK or I think you can download from web too. This will allow you to script your update. This is quite a simple tool to use, and allows you to do what you want to the registry, so BE CAREFULL. If you have some VB experience then you could probably achieve the same with that. I am afraid I don't but I know Kix.

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back