Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

import outlook .pst problems..

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanpaul

Technical User
Aug 13, 2000
SE
Before the new installation (complete format) of a new motherboard I exported an outlook .pst file.

After installing Office 2000 again, starting Microsoft Outlook I get this error when I try to import the .pst-file.

These errors are translated;

1. The properties for this information service must be defined after use.

After clicking OK it says;

2. Couldn't access the file. You don't have the right access/authority to access this file.

Any suggestions? Thankful for help!

/Henrik

When you hit Tools, do you have Services or Accounts as an available option?

Are you at home or work?

If at home, you should most likely have installed Outlook as IMO (internet mail only). Go to Help/About and it'll tell you right underneath the version.

Tools-Options-Mail delivery-Reconfigure mail support is where you go if you installed as CW (corp workgroup) and need to change it to IMO.

Anyway. What the message is saying to use is that you don't have personal folders as a service. So if it's right that you have CW, then go to Tools-Services and add Personal folders and point to your PST file.
techsupportgirl@home.com
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word

Oops. Or-create a new PST when you add it as a service. Then use the import to import it into the new pst. (Basically, the error is saying, I can't import into a pst when you don't have one...)
techsupportgirl@home.com
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word

Thanks! I solved it but it was an easy one. After making a backup of the file on cd it automatically became write-protected. That little mistake prevented me from installing it...

Thanks once again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back