Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Import Outlook contacts into Word?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBruyet

IS-IT--Management
Apr 6, 2001
US
Hey all,

One of my users is trying to import a category of Contacts out of Outlook 2000 into Word 97. Specifically, she has a list of principals (in her "Principals" category) of the schools in two counties and would like to import them into a Word document. I thought she could export from Outlook to a .csv file, but that process exports her entire contacts list. I can't see how to export just one category, but I'm sure it can be done. Who out there can tell me how?

Thanks,

Joe Brouillette

I've done it by copying selected contacts to a separate contact folder and exporting just that folder. Easiest if principal is assigned a category then the view is selected by category. Hold down shift key, click top contact then bottom contact so all are highlighted. Edit>> copy then open new folder and edit>>paste. The folder can be emptied or deleted later.

Hope it helps.

Barbara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back