Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Import One Database from Full dmp 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedi1

Technical User
Aug 25, 2002
IL
Hi,
I did export useing full=y. now I want to import of only one DB from the full. how can I do that?

I'll rephrase myself. As I told I did a full exp and now what I want to do is imp only one schema of the full exp. how do I do that?

Tedi,

First, let me clarify that when you say, "I want to import only one DB...", in Oracle terminology, you probably mean, "I want to import only one User/schema/owner...". Any one of those terms would be appropriate in Oracle terms. The term "DB" (database) as you used it would be appropriate in just about any non-Oracle database vendor environment.

Now, to import just one Oracle user/schema/owner, you can specify which owner to import from your "full database export" dump file by using these parameters on your Import ("imp") command line:
Code:
imp ...fromuser=<source_schema> touser=<target_schema>...
replace <source_schema> and <target_schema> with the appropriate Oracle usernames for your situation.

The "..." mean other import parameters may go here.

Let us know if this resolves your need.

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
@ 04:26 (02Dec04) UTC (aka "GMT" and "Zulu"),
@ 21:26 (01Dec04) Mountain Time

Thanx Dave,

So what u mean is that the command should be somthing like this:
imp fromuser=full touser=Cust1
full is written due to the fact it was a full export.

Am I right?

Not quite...Your corrected entry would read:

"imp fromuser=Cust1 touser=Cust1"

...and I would enhance the command line to read as follows (to specify additional import parameters):

Code:
imp buffer=15000000 grants=y feedback=1000 fromuser=Cust1 touser=Cust1 file=<fully qualified name of your dump file> log=<name of message file>.log  userid=<username>/<password>@<tns target alias>
Clarifications for non-intuitive parameters:

buffer=: size in bytes of internal workarea to process the import. (If not large enough, memory errors can result.)

grants=y: preserves the privileges on incoming objects that exist for other users in the database.

Let me know of your results, Tedi.

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
@ 18:09 (02Dec04) UTC (aka "GMT" and "Zulu"),
@ 11:09 (02Dec04) Mountain Time

Thanx,

O.K., now I get it. Now it makes sens.
[2thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor