Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Import of Table Fails 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 22, 2003
GB

I have successfully imported all tables into a 2000 Access DB from a 97 DB, except one which gives the error,
Record Deleted and does not import.
I have ensured no one is using the 97 DB and even tried to import the table to another 97 DB, it says it is being used. Also tried copying & pasting to no avail.

Any ideas? Please.

I have had this happen a few times years ago when I was using Access97. Sometimes a field would show nothing but #Error# or just a pound sign in the table. If you can find that record(s) and delete it, that may be the problem.

Did you try to compact and repair the old database? Try using the Acess (Tools\Database Utitilies\Compact and repair)

I used to use a compact utility with 97 called Jetcomp that would sometimes repair things the access utility would not.

HTH-

Cheryl [wiggle]

I am new to these Q & A sessions so I am not really sure if I am just talking to myself here.

If you read this Cheryl thanks for your suggestion.

It did turn out to be two data fields with #Error in them, in a file of 12,000 records. When these two records were deleted the table imported without a problem.
As a Make-Table query also fails on #Error fields I was able to narrow down where these were by a process of trying on half the file and then a half of the error part and so on.

Thanks again for your help.

Mike.

Mike,

You are not talking to yourself.[smile] Glad I could help.

Cheryl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back