Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Import of backed-up .pst file denied permission

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBMac

IS-IT--Management
Feb 6, 2002
US
I have a Windows 2000 laptop system which needed a hard drive replacement. After rebuilding system and reloading all software, I am trying to recapture the Outlook information which was copied off to a CD (Outlook.pst file).

Using the Import option in Outlook, all goes well in finding the file and setting up how to handle duplicates etc. - then, it fails to import claiming that I do not have permission to access the file.

Checking the file, it is set up as full control for everyone. I copied the file from the CD to the C-drive thinking the problem might be CD related. Anyone got any goos ideas ?

When writing to the CD the file becomes read only, check the box off on the properties of the file, you should then be able to attach to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back