Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

import not including records

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikswoktur

Programmer
Oct 11, 2002
US
I have an Excel table that I am trying to import into SQL Server. There is a field that contains dates, but out of the 14,000 records only 100 or so are populated. When this is brought into SQL server, none of these dates are transfered.

I have noticed that the first record for this field is at row 750. I added a dummy date in the first row (a last ditch effort after several other tests) and all the data for that field is now successfully imported. Does this make any sence? Does anyone know what might be going on?

if you are using the dts wizard i belive that it only smples like the first 200 rows when it does the transformation templet. use the wizard an when you get to the transform check your column mapping to make sure that it is not ignored. look at that and let us know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back