Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Import MSWord Table to PM6.0 is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fish2

Technical User
Oct 24, 2002
US
Hi,

I have not worked with PM in years but my Supervisor assigned me a project which involves transferring text over to PM from MSWord. I tried to copy and paste the table from MSWord to PM and it worked but it would not allow me to edit the text. I need help!!! also, is there a way to create tables in PM? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!!!!

>>...transferring text over to PM from MSWord...<<<

The way to get tables from Word to PM is to create a PDF of the table, and then use File>Place to get it into PM, assuming you have PM7; if you don't, open the PDF in either Illustrator and save as an EPS for placement in PM or open it at high resolution in Photoshop (which will rasterise it so text will not be as crisp) and save as a TIF. It will not be editable using any of these methods and you will need to go back to Word to make changes.

PM does not have any direct method of creating tables. I use rules beneath rows to get the horizontal lines, and if vertical lines are needed, these are drawn with the drawing tool on a separate layer then grouped. This makes it easier to move the vertical lines if you need to move the table.

If you need to get straight text from Word to PM, save the Word file in TXT format (which removes all formatting and styles) and use File>Place to get it into PM. Format the text using PM styles. Unlink the text files in the Links Manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back