Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Import layout with content

Status
Not open for further replies.

SstennizZ

Programmer
Jan 25, 2008
NL
I want to import a layout with a content already in it.
The content has to be a 3d object, scaled and orbited to be viewed from the right angle in the viewport.

I have some standard "details" as we call them. The proces now is that the detail is copied into the model space of the project and the user scales and rotates the detail in the viewport of the layout. The problem with this is that even though it could be the same detail, no two drawings are alike. And some of the noobs in my office are having trouble orbiting the details in the right way and find it too time consuming...

The most simple solution I can think of is to load a layout with the detail already schaled and rotated in it. So that the user only has to import the right layout.
I tried putting the object directly into the layout, but autocad doesnt let me orbit the object.

Hope I make some sence in this... ;)

Here's an example of a detail:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back