Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

import function

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Apr 5, 2005
FR
Hi,

I would like to import into my database in the table TERMES, in the field 'Lib_TERME' a new term label a user would write in a text file.
For example if a user writes the term' agriculture'in a text file, if he selects it and ask to import it in the database, i would like to see in the tabe TERMES the new
label 'agriculture' in the field 'Lib_Terme'.
The id_terme field is autoincremented so it is not a problem.

Could you help me to code the process i need to use to: import this label in the database?

Thanks a lot from you for all your help.

Best Regards.
Nathalie

Why is this being written to a text file in the first place? Why not just give them a form that allows them to enter it into the DB directly?

Hi,

Because it is possible one user has recovered terms from another thesaurus and has exported these terms to a text file; instead of keyboarding each term in the application, he prefers to select them all and to import them directly in the database.

I hope i am clear enough.

Regards.
Nathalie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back