Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Import full access dbase to mysql?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elemental

Programmer
Mar 17, 2001
CA
Hey there. I've got an access 2000 database and have exported it to .txt is there a way I can import the entire thing into mysql or do I just have to import each table?
Thanks
elemental

I do not know of an app capable of importing and entire Acess database at one go.

Most Win32-based MySQL management GUI apps have the cabability to use ODBC to pull the data from an Access database table and insert those records into a MySQL table.

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions: TANSTAAFL!

I have a program that will create a script that will create your access database in MySql. The Bad part. This is a demo piece of software and limits itself to 5 tables. I f you want it give me your email address and I will send it to you. It is about 1 meg

Dave
ToeShot@Hotmail.com
Today Is Tomorrows Yesterday. So Why Wait

Perhaps I did not understand elemental's post correctly but it seems to me that he has exported a .txt file from access. I am not aware of access exporting any other way than 1 table at the time into .txt. so definitely you will have to

LOAD DATA INFILE...... for each table.

Otherwise, read Sleipnir214 reply.

Bye

Qatqat

I have been happy throughout my life in thinking that samba was I kind of dance; now I live with Linux and all I do is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back