Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Import from Access database to SQL

Status
Not open for further replies.

camidon

Programmer
May 9, 2000
US
I'm trying to import an Access database into an SQL server.  The problem that I'm having is that it's not imorting any of the primary key information.  I'm sure that it's something that I'm doing, but I just can't figure out what it is.  It acutally comes up and asks me if I would like to assign a primay key to EACH one of the tables.  Problem with that is that there are many times more than one primary key in a table.  Also another problem with this is that there are like 200 tables which make that approach a tad bit more cumbersome.  Any ideas as to how to import this database into SQL and still keep my primary keys?

If its Access 97 & SQL 6.5 or 7.0 you could use the Upgrade Wizard to do the transfer for you, this will take the primary keys over - well alomost all of the time ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back