Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

import foxpro table to access

Status
Not open for further replies.

xkidd

Technical User
Jun 4, 2003
i get a reserved error -7778...trying to import fox pro tables into access 2000...i also get a message stating external table not in expected format...
any ideas??

what do they mean by Use a Machine DSN (that is a User or System DSN) instead of a File DSN...
i think i did it like they are saying..but its still not showing up..this thing is driving me crazy!!

ok..i loaded a new driver for fox pro tables..but its listed under user..not system...how do i get it under system so i can set up the data source??

if you click on the system tab in ODBC Admin you can then Add the reference to the foxpro driver there.

this is still not working...it will create a source to the actual dbc file not the dbf file...is there a way to import the dbf files straight from the directory??

The last thing you should check is the driver version you are using.

Keep in mind that the regular foxpro driver is no longer supported by microsoft. You would need the visual forxpro driver

Version "6.01.8629.01" or above
File "VFPODBC.DLL"

I don’t know if this effect anything but depending on the version of Access you are using it might.

here is an article I can across in my searches when I was having a problem with this same issue.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back