Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Import export email accounts in Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bytor2000

ISP
Jan 5, 2004
US
Hello

I just got a new pc and want to transfer all of my calendar and email accounts to the new pc.

Outlook .pst files did not seem to do it or I pasted them into the wrong place.

Any help would be great as I have over 40 email accounts.

Thanks

This is very simple. Go to file, and choose import export. Choose to export a file, (next) choose a comma seperate values (Windows) which is a csv file. (Readable in word or wordpad.) (next) Do this once for your calendar, and once for your contacts. Save those .csv files and import them in your new computer's Outlook. Before you import them you will have to set up the accounts. The only way I know is to set up the account by using tools, email accounts. Once you set up the account on the new computer, import the contact file you had exported and the calendar file. Hope that helps.

misscrf

Management is doing things right, leadership is doing the right things

No this does not help. I ma really trying to get all of my email accounts set up without having to manually add them all.

on the microsoft site, I found a round about way of doing this. I would think it would be easier in the long run, to do this manually. You can export your outlook account to outlook express. From there you can export to a file. Then you can move the file to a new computer and import to outlook.
This url explains the process:

Like I said though. I think I would rather set it up manually.

misscrf

Management is doing things right, leadership is doing the right things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back