Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Import Excel Values into Outlook Gives Wrong Value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeyis4dcats

Technical User
Jan 16, 2003
US
Anyone have any idea why when I try to import an Excel spreadsheet with contact information into Outlook, all the phone numbers are wrong.

Ex. 785-555-1000 appears as 737-444-0000.

I have stipped out all formatting to get raw numbers and still no luck.

This is with Excel 2002 and Outlook 2002.

Hi,

In the import wizard there is a place to SPECIFY WHICH FIELDS you are importing into Outlook, I can't remember exactly where, but look for an options button. You gotta specify EACH ONE.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be advised:[/red]When Viscounts were guillotined just as they were disclosing where their jewels were hidden, it shows to go that you should...
Never hatchet your Counts before they chicken! [tongue][/sub]

Skip,

I am aware of that. The problem is that the phone numbers are ALL wrong. For starters the area code (primarily 785) is wrong, it shows 737 or 734 for almost every entry. For example, if the record shows 785-555-1212, the entry may looks osmething like 737-555-1212, but to complicate it further, more than the area code gets changed somehow.

I did notice that the import wizard is showing a dash in front of each entry, but that doesn't show up on the spreadsheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back