Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Import data into inventory module 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

EcoGrad

Technical User
May 10, 2005
US
My company is currently switching from an "off-the-shelf" microsoft office inventory application to Epicor's inventory module (we have Epicor's 7.2 version financial application).

During the past month, we shipped a few thousand items with serial control numbers using our MS application, but or inventory counts and values are already in Epicor.

So in order to close our financials for April, we need to create sales orders, invoices and ship these inventory items in Epicor. In order to invoice and ship, the serial numbers have to be entered.

Is it possible to import this information in one large file? I don't necessarily need to know how to do this, just whether or not it can be done!!

Thanks for your help.

I'm not certain you can import everything in a large batch as such. That might be quite a task.

I do know there is an IMPORT MANAGER available - but that - i believe is financially related. You could use it to import AR records.

However you should be aware that the financial activity from the shipping/inventory systems are "posted over" into the accounting system anyway.

Typically however, the after-the-fact invoice entry is used to enter these types of transactions.

hope this helps.

If your inventory counts and values are already in, you just have to enter after the fact invoices so that you can receive cash against them once the customer pays. Same for vouchers for vendor invoices for purchase orders already received.
Epicor offers a software program called Import Manager. Epicor Import Manager is a powerful, flexible and easy to use application that provides fast and accurate transaction gateway of importing business data into Epicor Enterprise. You can import General ledger balances and transactions, and all other major transaction types in Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Distribution. Import Manager features an intuitive, graphical interface to map any ODBC compliant data source and set up translation rules for import into Epicor Enterprise. I highly recommend this program because as we all know "garbage in - garbage out". Only Import Manager does a validation of the data that you are trying to import. It won't allow you to import i.e. a duplicate invoice number, date for a non-existing customer or vendor etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back