Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Import Condition list values into Business Objects from CSV/Text file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

supanoods

Programmer
Jun 6, 2002
GB
Hi,

Is it possible to import an existing .CSV/.TXT file that contains vaules straight into a conditions "in list" list?

If so - how the heck do you do it?

Thanks in advance for any help/pointers!

Cheers, Supanoods B-)
"If it aint broke - dont fix it!

Nope, this is not possible.

However, you can use (with DeskI) a personal LOV that will let you do something VERY similar. You should look into that. It won't help you on the web at all.

Steve Krandel
Intuit

Thanks for the quick response guys.

kskid - an example would be where i have a .txt file that had one line of values in it (say Job ref number or something) and looked like this

123456,653467,232323,232325.... and so on.

I would manually copy this comma seperated list then paste it into a matching condition in business objects and use 'in list' and run the report against said numbers.

skrandel - I played around a bit more with BO and saw the option to use personal LOV files, and its an avenue i'm gonna try and explore. However your comment has really confirmed what i thought was the case - i just felt that i needed to ask the forum, in case i had missed something!!

Thanks for your responses guys!

Cheers, Supanoods B-)
"If it aint broke - dont fix it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back