Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Import Access Database to Visual Studio Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanlanjl

Programmer
Jan 14, 2009
US
Not sure if this is the right thread but I will go ahead and try.

I have an Access 2007 database, backend and frontend. I was wondering if it was possible to export the Access frontend (forms, tables etc.) into Visual Studio 2008 or will I have to rebuild them all in Visual Studio?

I will be exporting the Access backend into a SQL database aslo, but I know how to do this and how to connect it to Visual studio. I just dont want to have to re-build the entire frontend if I dont have to.

Any help would be awesome!
GO BENGALS! WHO DEY!

I don't think that there are any tools to automatically write VB or C# dotNet code to mimic the behaviour of a set of Access forms. I think you're going to have to do a complete rewrite.

Geoff Franklin

The Access way of doing things is significantly different than .NET. It actually would be a rather poor .NET application that worked the way Access does. Access tends to blur data/business rules/presentation all together - a well architected .NET solution would separate these layers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back