Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Implementing queued call position announcement in AACC 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyTen4

Technical User
Jun 19, 2014
GB
Hi everyone

I need a bit of help please with some Avaya scripting syntax.

I've had a request to add a queue position announcement to the call queues on one of our AACC lines. I've got an idea on how to achieve it, but it seems very inefficient and I'm thinking there must be a better way.

Here's what I've come up with...

Our AACC appears to have a lot of predefined voice prompts relating to numerical announcements - e.g. "c_one_gv" appears to reference audio "English File 1:2", which I'm assuming comes packaged on the AACC server (as opposed to a CallPilot reference). We've never used these, but I guess they're intended for use in circumstances such as those facing me now. In that case, the most obvious syntax that springs to mind for implementing the counter and announcement is...

Code:
IF POSITION IN QUEUE *skillset* = *#* THEN
OPEN VOICE SESSION
PLAY PROMPT
VOICE SEGMENT [COLOR=#3465A4]*bespoke voice seg stating "you are position number"*[/color] VOICE SEGMENT [COLOR=#CC0000]*predefined voice seg announcing relevant #*[/color] VOICE SEGMENT [COLOR=#3465A4]*bespoke voice seg completing announcement*[/color]
END VOICE SESSION
END IF

However I'm aware this won't really work in practice since I'd need to replicate the above for every possibly queue position - clearly a dirty way of doing it!

I can't see anything in the manual that specifically helps. I've found some references to "building a macro" via Google, but nothing completely matching what I need. I've also never built a macro in AACC before , to my knowledge. Can anyone advise on how to best achieve this?

You are looking for the NUMBER or NUMBERBYDIGIT keyword (as a part of the PLAY PROMPT command).

The numerical prompt values you found are not recordings they are variables pointing to recordings (which must be recorded in CallPilot Application Builder). You have to create the recordings and either use the appropriate prompt file and segment from the variable, or reassign the variable to the appropriate prompt file and segment.

Using your example, but set to a slightly different model:

IF POSITION IN QUEUE *skillset* > 0 THEN
OPEN VOICE SESSION
PLAY PROMPT
VOICE SEGMENT *bespoke voice seg stating "you are position number"*
NUMBER POSITION IN QUEUE *skillset*
VOICE SEGMENT *bespoke voice seg completing announcement*
END VOICE SESSION
END IF

This is covered int he Orchestration Designer manual in the Voice Processing for Avaya CS1000 Play Prompt section (Chapter 29 in the book I have).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back