Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Implementing PeopleSoft 8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatguy2

Programmer
Sep 4, 2003
CA
Hi Guys,

I have some questions about PeopleSoft 8.3. Aside from reading a little bit here and there on the web and playing with a demo running application of PeopleSoft 8 HRMS I know very little about how to implement PeopleSoft.

Aside from the cost of purchasing PeopleSoft we have recieved quotes from PeopleSoft consultants in the $200,000+ range to implement a single module in the HRMS software. This includes a Functional Analyst and a Project Manager.

About 3 to 4 months of consulting time in the $200/hr + range. (for 1 module)

After playing with the sample PeopleSoft 8.3 HRMS demo it seems everything shoud be set up for us out of the box.

I am not sure why would need to pay these additional consulting fee's to implement the software.

Why can't our technical team (me) do the implementing. I have 0 experience with PeopleSoft, but I can't see it being too hard. Plus getting PeopleSoft experience for myself is a bonus.

What do you guys think of this?

Has anyone done this sort of implementation, and if so how did it go?

Thanks,

You probably could get away with doign the technical side of things yourself, but the functional side is where the app will realy pay off. Don't skimp on that one. Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back