Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Implementing CCR on existing Exchange 2007 Sp2 Std.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyyo

IS-IT--Management
Dec 6, 2002
US
We currently have Exchange 2007 SP2 Standard edition runnin on Windows 2008 Enterprise server. We currently have LCR, but we don't think it's a sufficient DR. So we looked at SCR and tested it, but have not implemented it. Now we are looking into implementing CCR, so that it'll truly be DR ready. However, from reading some articles, it seems that we'd need to completely reinstall Exchange. Clustering must be set up first before exchange 2007 std. is installed. I need some advice on this. We'd like to put a server across town connected via T3 and be a passive cluster standby Exchange server.

What you've read is correct. You need to build the cluster side of it first. That can't be done if Exchange is already installed.

This was changed drastically in Exchange 2010. If you're looking at implementing HA and/or DR, you'd be wise to embrace the current version of Exchange before investing in a legacy version.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Thanks for your confirmation. I am going to have to look at the exchange 2010 upgrage path along with DAG.

If I stayed with Exchange 2007, is there a third party software that you can recommend, that'll provice HA. I've looked at WanSync from XOsoft and Double Take about 2 years ago, but it was too expensive so I couldn't get an approval. What are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back