Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Implementing A Search Using Verity via the Administrator (CF Version 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mfho1

Programmer
Dec 21, 2009
US
Hi,

I have a search engine on my website that basically returns links based on search criteria.

I created a collection based on my .cfm pages and .pdf.

For the most part this is successful. However, when I create the Verity in this way, how does ColdFusion determine what the Title will be?

For example, in my CFM pages, I have a Title that is made up on variables. Sometimes, I've hard-coded the title. But in my search, I'm not getting the Title back in the search results. Sometimes, I don't get a page returned when I do a search on a keyword that know for a fact is in the Title?

This is easier in the PDF, because I can just update the document properties, but I need to determine what ColdFusion is looking at, and how I need to update my Title, etc.

I'd prefer (for the time being) to keep the collections via the Administrator. I'll be redesigning my website soon, and after I find out more about the Verity, I'll look into creating a Verity page. But if I have to do that now, I'll welcome any suggestions.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance for your help.
mfho1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back