Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

implement license checking in intranet

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex14

Programmer
Apr 5, 2002
UA
How can communicate (for license check)the instances of my app via intranet network?
How can communicate the instances of my app via intranet so that it would be impossible to install the application with the same registration number in intranet? Of course, one can install but it should determin whether the application with this registation nummber was already installed in this intranet network.
Thanks

The way I see it is to have within your installed applications a server that has to start with the system. Then, whenever you change the license, the application will ask the other ones if there is another one with this license.
Maybe more details about the way you are dealing with the license and the licensing scenario would help.

You may find this recent post helpful - it's referring mainly to checking of licensing over the internet but the principles are the same:

thread116-405864

PS: The thread got a bit 'chopped up' due to server problems that day but the full thing is towords the bottom!
tellis.gif

[sup]programmer (prog'ram'er), n A hot-headed, anorak wearing, pimple-faced computer geek.[/sup]​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back