Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

impdp overwrite 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClaireHCM

IS-IT--Management
Mar 26, 2003
US
impdp can overwrite tables but what about views, sequences, plsql objects?

Is there anyway to quickly clean up existing objects so that impdp can complete with "object already exists" error?

Thanks
Claire

Claire,

If you have access to DBA privileges, my choice before importing (either Classic or DataPump) is to simply "DROP USER <target user> CASCADE;", then re-create the user.

One can certainly run a script to DROP all objects in the schema, as well, but I prefer the "quick-and-clean" method.[smile]

Let us know if you have follow-on questions.

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]

ClaireHCM,

You may wish to look at the Table Exists Action (TEA). The default is to replace if the object exists.

TD

Thank you both,

TEA will overwrite only tables. Is there anyway without dropping users and directly overwrite all objects, including view, stored procedure, packages...

Thanks
Claire

Claire,

I recommend your checking into/Googling TekDudeDude's suggestion for specifying Table Exists Action.

I that does not seem to meet your needs, you can use whatever administrative tool you have to DROP the objects that the schema owns prior to your import/data pump.

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back