Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

impact printers won't do fast (draft quality) printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan3209

Technical User
Jul 16, 2003
US
We can't get our impact printers to use draft quality for fast printing of invoices in Peachtree Complete 2003. They seem stuck on hi-quality fonts, making the printing super slow.

Check Device Options in Propterties of Printer Settings.
There is a selection between Letter Quality and Draft. This may help. On my current machine, which is Win 98, I can press the START button, go to SETTINGS, select PRINTERS and then right click on the printer in question. Select PROPERTIES and then select the DEVICE OPTIONS tab. You will then see a look-up window. Select the DRAFT mode.

Other versions of Windows will probably have the same area off of your printer icon.

I know the printer, Windows, Peachtree thing is touchy. Older dot-matrix printers are hard to get working. I have been able to get some old Okidata and Panasonic printers to work well with Win 95, 98 and XP, but I'm using Classic V13. One thing to suggest is if you have an emulation mode on the printer you are trying to get going, select a real generic printer mode like EPSON LQ series or something. The chances of windows working with say a Panasonic when it looks like an EPSON are much improved over any other emulation.

If this is of no help, do a search on this forum and peachtreeusers.com where there is a lot of history with printers, especially your symptom of running slow.

Good luck.

Doyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back