Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IMP tablepsaces also ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vr76413

Programmer
Feb 26, 2002
US
Hi all
I did an EXP using System account with FULL=Y option. Now when i did IMP on to Target database with FULL=Y using System account, it DIDNOT copy any TABLESPACE into Target Database....

So my question is..
What do i need to do in IMP command so that it copies Tablsepaces also from Source DB to Target DB...Basically i need all Data, Tables, Tablespaces, Users, Index, Schemas...etc to be copied from Sorce to Target DB.

any help is Appreciated.

VR76413,

I'm curious did you create a log of the export? If so are there any errors in the log?

Just thought of something else if the source and target DB's are on the same box you will need to create the tablespaces in advance of the imp to the target DB. When the import is running the create tablespace commands will error but the imp will create users then their objects into the correct tablespaces.

flstffatboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back