Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[img https://res.cloudinary.com/eng

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark C

Technical User
Jun 23, 2021
GB
Capture_g9eeie.jpg

I'm looking for help on a formula that will take the due date and minus the days giving a new op date, but working backwards so that the operation Desp = the due date (03/03/2021) and the operations prior to Desp would calculate using the new op date minus days e.g

Op 5 Desp due date (03/03/2021) - 1 day = op date (02/03/2021) op 4 Rework due date (02/03/2021) - 1 day = op date 0(01/03/2021) etc. Any assistance would be a great help.

You should be able to just do a regular math expression (in a formula), i.e, {due_date} - {Days}, but you also could use the date add function. Something like this, dateadd('d', -{days}, {due_date}

Thanks Kray4660, i have that already what i was wanting to do is start at the last operation which is always Despatch then minus the days on that operation which would return a new date of 2/3/21 then take that date (2/3/21) and minus the days from the previous operation (on this example Rework)minus days returning a new op date of 1/3/21 and so on working backwards on the operations

Working with the dateadd and datediff functions to manipulate dates works really good for me. Lots of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back