Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IMC Journaling in Exchange 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

chmilz

Programmer
Jan 10, 2001
CA
Hello all,

We recently upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003.

I have a small problem that I am trying to sort out. Hopefully someone can help me....
--------------------------------------------------------
In Exchange 5.5:

We had IMC Journaling configured to send a copy of ALL outgoing and incoming email to a Journal mailbox which was backed up once a week. We had it set up so that any internal mail (mail from employee to employee) was NOT archived... only mail coming from outside the coming and only mail who's destination was outside the company.

We also added a disclaimer by editing the IMC registry key to include a little blurb about privacy and attached it to the bottom of all outgoing email.

-----------------------------------------------------------

We would like to set this up for Exchange 2003 but I notice that IMC is no longer used... well it is as an SMTP connector that is enabled by default. But how do I configure it to journal email the way we had it journaled in 5.5? Any help is greatly, greatly appreciated.

Cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back