Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IMAP4

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpetilli

Technical User
May 17, 2011
US
Does anyone know the impact of enabling IMAP4 on the MSS? I just need to make sure by enabling it that it's not going to cause any adverse affects elsewhere in the system.

You can restrict who has access to the clients using IMAP4 with the Class of Service. If you don't want some users to access this then set Restrict Client Access to Yes.

Does enabling IMAP4 on the MSS cause any disruption?

No and it is controlled in the COS by reducing the number of subscribers that have access to the client.

Thanks for the info. I did read you also need to set the privacy enforcement level to 'notification only'. We specifically have our set to partial. Do I have to change that or will it be fine the way it is? Trying to not make too many changes as this is only going to be used for a handful of users out of a thousand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back