Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IMAP issues on server edition 143 and 993

Status
Not open for further replies.

StubbedmytoeonIPO

Programmer
Dec 19, 2013
GB
I have a server edition that I am having 2 issues with
1 if i use imap on port 143 outlook doesn't connect at all.
2 if i use imap on port 993 with SSL I can't get rid of the continue using this server pop up. Outlook doesn't like the certificate. says it terminated in a root certificate no trusted by the trust provider.

Has anyone seen any of this? Its on version 9.1.2. when using 993 and ssl once you click yes to continue using server, everything works great. Any suggestions?

Why don't you create a certificate with Server Edition WebControl and import the CA certificate as trustworthy CA to your computer?

This is what I did it was not working on my 9.0 system but it is working, or so it seems, on the 9.1 system in question. Thanks Derfloh for the response. I don't understand why the 143 is not working on either system so I wouldn't have to do this. Maybe a change by Avaya that is not well documented? There was another post about it I think.

I can confirm that 9.0 allows for standard port 143 connectivity.
I can also confirm that 9.1 does not; 9.1 requires SSL on 993.

There is a reg hack- if you're willing-

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Avaya\Media Services\Directories]
"IMAPSECUREONLY"="0"

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back