Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

iManager not available after Migration

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsamples

MIS
Apr 30, 2002
US
I've performed two test migrations to a new server and both times I lost connections to iManager and cannot find a way to get it back. I've reinstalled all the products associated with it as well as gone through as many *.conf files as I could find. Still nothing. I can connect to iMonitor though.

Has anyone had this problem, and what did you do to fix it?
Any ideas what I should look for?
Been through all the TIDs.

Whats the migration path? Source NOS? Migrating from 4.x can be VERY tricky. Isn't documented very well, and the procedure we all have to go take tests on doesn't work with out a few extra steps.

When you reinstalled the products, did you uninstall them first? Did you find any of the TIDs that goes over the reinstall of iManager?

One thing that has been hitting many of my clients has been the tree name. If you can get to the iManager login screen and try to login and it just fails no matter how hard you try, replace the tree name with the ip address of the server that holds your master of ROOT. If this works for you, then your problem is really DNS.

Don't relate iMonitor with iManager. Just because one works has no relation to the functionality of the other. Brent Schmidt CNE, Network +
Senior Network Engineer

Why do user go into a panic when a NetWare server goes down, but accept it as normal when a Windows server goes down?

Well, the migration is across the wire, and that part goes great. I've gone through all TIDs relating to iManager (uninstall/install) but none make reference to configurations that need to be in place, what actually runs it, or how to troubleshoot the connection to it. I simply cannot bring up iManager at all, whether at a workstation or through ConsoleOnes Browser connections.

so you when you go to you get nothing? Page not found? So you never get the login page?

iManager is a subset of the Web Manager (not to be confused with Remote Manager). Web Manager is just a stupid little link page to give you access to each of the web enabled managment features. iManager is one of these. iManager runs from Apache web server using the Tomcat webapplication server. When you reinstall the products you would have needed to delete the Apache, Tomcat & WebApps directories.

Check your SLL and make sure it is in good shape, also check your LDAP. Is it up and running and working properly? PKIDIAG is a very good utiltiy to make sure your SLL, PKI and NICI objects and config are in good shape.

This link also goes to the iManager documentation, it may be of some help:

There is also a TID someware in the knowledge base (too lazy to search for it right now) that goes over the conf files for the apache web server. It gives line by line what each item does and how to edit it to do your bidding. Brent Schmidt CNE, Network +
Senior Network Engineer

Why do user go into a panic when a NetWare server goes down, but accept it as normal when a Windows server goes down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back