Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Images pixelating in PDFs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 9, 2010
CA
I'm currently updating my company's standard forms. All of our forms contain our company logo (a high resolution graphic that I created in Photoshop). The standard forms have already been made in Microsoft Word, so one would assume that it should be a simple process of just saving the documents as PDFs and then using the form wizard to do the rest.

After using the wizard, the forms look and work great, however our company logo is pixelated (the same result is seen on screen and in print). I've used several different versions of the file but all to no avail. Can anyone suggest a solution to this problem?

Rather than saving the forms to PDF from Word, try importing the Word docs using the "Create PDF from File" option in Adobe, and see if you get better results.

Fred Wagner

Thank you for your suggestion.

I tried the "Create PDF from File" option in Adobe but unfortunately I received the same results.

Might I add that Adobe's technical support personnel were less than helpful in regards to this issue.

What version of MS Office are you using, and what version of Acrobat Professional or Standard ? If an older version of Acrobat, and Office 2007,you may need to upgrade to a newer version of Acrobat.
An alternative solution, in Word 2007, 'Save As' to an older DOC format - Word 2003, Word 97 - you may find a format that your version of Acrobat WILL import using the Create PDF from File selection.
On your graphic, you may want to use a lower resolution version, which is designed to reproduce only at the size it will be on the form. Also, try importing the graphic in different formats than the one you're using now - TIF, JPEG, PNG, GIF. It could be that one format will work better than the others. I've become very partial to JPEG2000 (JPF) - it makes a much smaller file than the others.

Fred Wagner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back