Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

images not loading after first page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slappy133

Technical User
Oct 8, 2008
AU
I seem to be monopolizing this forum so my apologies. :)

When I go to preview my web page - the links and images work on the first page - but after that, the background images don't appear. I have read some other solutions so here's what i've tried so far:

I have 'preview using temp file' switched on.

I have experimented with changing the source with the following:
/images/image1.gif
images/image1.gif

Its strange that the first page works fine - but if I click on the shortcut to it (ie - ask it to reload) the same issue occurs - no images.

As a side note - my first page - where i used conventional shortcuts, was easy. This time, Im incorporating a flash menu, and I'm getting myself into all sorts of hot water. I think my problem may stem around where Im organising all my files.

Any advice most welcome! :)
Todd

Could you post some of the HTML for us to view. And maybe explain a bit about your folder layout in order for us to gather why this would happen. I would not say it is the way you are organising your files as much as it is the way you are telling your pages to access each other.

Let me know I will be glad to try and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back