Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Images lost their places when converted to epub

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsuchwani

Technical User
Mar 22, 2012
Hi everyone,
I want help from you expert guys. When I export my INDD file to epub, every picture that I've placed in the document loose it's place.
Please, help me. Tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Any help'll be much appreciated.

Your pictures must be Inline pictures, So they must be nested in or linked to a textframe

carlow

....yeh, epub is not a layout format strictly speaking, much like a web page your images need to be inline with the text...

...much like a web coded page it works line by line,line by line, line by line...picture...line by line,line by line, line by line...

etc, etc.

Andrew
==============
- Graphic Design and Web Design, Exeter, Devon, UK.
==============

Thanks for the reply.

Can you guide me, how do I inline my graphics/pictures with text?

Please, I need to know.

Thanks

...you copy the frame (that the picture is in) and paste it into the text box where your text cursor is active, just like any normal copy and paste...

...just like you where copying and pasting text essentially, only with a picture frame instead.

Once the picture is part of the text box, it is known as an an anchored object...

Andrew
==============
- Graphic Design and Web Design, Exeter, Devon, UK.
==============

@ apepp
Thanks for all the help :)
You ar life saver.

@ carlow
Thanks to you for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back