Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

images load in 1024x768 but not 800x600

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjohnson

Technical User
Jan 28, 2000
US
<A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> .<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
I am having problems with the javascript code at the above site. The images will load using Netscape if the resolution is at 1024x768 and the Netscape window is maximized. If the resolution is lower - 800x600- or the Netscape window is restored to less than maximized the images will not load.<br>
<br>
A look at the &quot;view info&quot; screen when the images load shows a list of the correc t images called for by the variables, but when the images don't load looking at the &quot;view info&quot; screen shows the &quot;placeholder&quot; in the code (spacer.gif) instead of the image names that the variables should be calling. It's as though the java script quits working in lower resolution and smaller windows.<br>
<br>
The script works fine in IE at any resolution and windowsize.<br>
<br>
I am a newbie at programming and would appreciate some help. I am not so interested in getting the page working correctly as I am in learning why it doesn't.<br>
<br>
TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back