Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

images in rows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trinity2003

Technical User
Jul 12, 2002
CA
I would like to have images in the rows of data that change based on the content of the row. Is this possible?

Hello Trinity,

Designer's guide explicitly states that an object can be an character,date,number or long text. On page 164 it actually says: "BLOB's are not supported in the current version of Business Objects (Binary Large OBjects)". I've no idea if you could store hyperlinks and use them in a table to link to graphic files, but this is probably not where you're after. T. Blom
Information analist
Shimano Europe
tbl@shimano-eu.com

Actually, I would like to know any way of doing it. I don't really want to load images into the database.

Loading images in the database is the easy part, cause now every database supports BLOB/CLOB. It's the reporting side that is not ready for displaying images, so that's seems to answer your question, doesn't it? T. Blom
Information analist
Shimano Europe
tbl@shimano-eu.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back