Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Images don't show with preview 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkuljian

Programmer
Oct 6, 2000
US
OK I'm a rookie. I've inserted my image and when I do a preview in browser, all that shows is a blank box with a red x. Pardon my stupidity, but what did I do wrong? [sig][/sig]

Has your image/picture been saved into the same folder as your index page? [sig][/sig]

perhaps the entire file name( C:// Windows....) has been typed as a source for the image.
BW
paddy [sig][/sig]

Make sure you have used lowercase names throughout:

Image names and link info must all be lowercase. You can get away with it when viewing locally but most host servers will only accept lowercase naming conventions.

Delboy [sig][/sig]

I seem tobe inserting my images incorectly to when you find out please let me know too. Beckym changed from 031072

Just be sure to have your images saved in the same directory as your pages...thats all you have to do...For example, if you have a page called mywebpage and it is saved in your Sites folder, it would look something like this:

C/Sites/mywebpage/index.html
your images would be saved like this:
C/Sites/mywebpage/pictures/image.gif

I have just found it easy to keep a seperate file for all my pictures for all my different webpages...I am new too, so if I am doing something wrong, someone please let me know!
Thanks!

Been there and cured it..cant quite understand why by my default jpg and gif viewer location from folder option/file types had changed---I reset the jpg open properties and pointed to explorer.exe.
If I havent explained that too well let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back