Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Images do not consistently appear

Status
Not open for further replies.

newfrontiers

Programmer
Oct 17, 2001
US
I would greatly appreciate any help on this. I have a web based program written in php that pulls images from a database (mySQL). Sometimes the images appear and sometime they do not. And this varies from computer to computer.

Thanks.

John

The problem seems like browsers (IE6) at Medium security require manually to allow cookies at the site. But my gut is telling me it is something else.

But does it happen consistently on a particular workstation? Or is it the case that on a particular workstation it will work sometimes and not others?

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions! TANSTAAFL!

Perhaps your script is producing an error that you can't see through a browser. Is your script conducive to allowing you to fetch your images by hand using telnet? (described in faq434-2999, section 2.6)

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions! TANSTAAFL!

Are the images in the database as BLOBs, or does the database just have the urls of the images?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back