Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ImageReady slices print incorrectly in Internet Explorer 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gemoon

Programmer
Mar 22, 2002
US
I've made several websites by slicing Photoshop 6 images up in ImageReady 3 then saving them optimized to HTML.

for example:

These HTML pages view beautifully in both Netscape and IE. However, they do not print correctly in IE. Big vertical gaps appear between the slices. It appears that the table spacing is changing during the conversion to print. This effect can be observed in both the print preview window and the final printed copy.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you in advance for your help
gemoon

The easiest way I found to slice images, is actually to use photoshop. I drag the guides to the places where I want then use the marquee tool to select the part of the image, and then save them as seperate images.

Then I use my own .html coding to enter the pictures into the table.

The thing you will want to check is to make sure that the <TABLE> tag looks like this:

<TABLE BORDER=&quot;0&quot; CELLPADDING=&quot;0&quot; CELLSPACING=&quot;0&quot;> and any other attributes that you want specified in the table. (ie-bgcolor=&quot;&quot; or onmouseover's, etc.)

That should get rid of the spaces you are seeing.

Hope it helps. [deejay]
Nate
&quot;If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!&quot;

Also check your print margins. Does the page print out all one one sheet or does if stop and the end of the page and print out a new page to finish off the pictures?

As long as you make sure that the <TABLE> attributes as mentioned above are set properly then you should be fine, otherwise it could be a printer problem or page setup problem. [deejay]
Nate
&quot;If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!&quot;

That is very odd. Mabye try putting the whole image table inside one large table from within an HTML editor. BEHOLD! As Steve Jobs introduces us the latest in desk-lamp technology!

Problem solved!!! Thank you very much for the the help.

The solution was to change the size of the slices on the the image. The slice pattern was too complecated. ImageReady is inserting cells with spacers on the right side of the table. I think IE is screwing these when it is doing the print conversion; the gaps align along the spacer cells. I tried just deleting the column with the spacers, but they are needed for the table to keep its structure. The quickest solution was to change the slice pattern.

Thanks again for the help.

gemoon

Your welcome, you might also try changing the properties for the spacers so that they export as white graphics instead. BEHOLD! As Steve Jobs introduces us the latest in desk-lamp technology!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back