Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Imagecombo edit area not displaying selected item 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

huttemannw

Programmer
Feb 6, 2003
US
I have an imagecombo that I fill from a database, and then set the selecteditem property to the highest key (the keys are "k" & an ID number) in the comboitems collection. It is my understanding that when you set selecteditem to an item, it will appear in the edit area of the imagecombo. However, the correct key is being selected in the dropdown, but it is not appearing in the edit area. The edit area is either blank, or the beginning of the text is truncated (for example, if the text is "123 Insurance", only "ce" appears). I've even tried explicitly setting the text property to the selected item. It works if I step through the code, but doesn't if I just execute the code. Has anybody else had this problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'll bump this up because I am having the same problem.

Rob

I think I solved my problem, try using the refresh property on the ImageComboBox after you set the selecteditem.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back