Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Image, Sql server problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rauken

Programmer
May 11, 2004
SE
Hi!

I have a couple of tables stored in a sql server. One of those tables holds images in binary format. I also have Access tables and link the sql server tables into my Access database.

If I go straight against the sql server and use Ado stream object to convert the binary to images it works fine but I want to combine Access data and Sql server data in a query and then use my Ado code snippet to create the images. I try to use dsn less connection on my Access db and it says the odbc connection to my linked tables doesn't work although they do if I click on them!!

Clear? .-)

What is your connect string look like and where are you calling it from?

Paul

Sorry for the late answer. Unfortunately I don't have the connection string available here but it's the standard way of doing it.

Here it is:

Set cn = New ADODB.Connection
cn.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
"Data Source=c:\data\app.mdb;" & _
"User Id=;" & _
"Password=

Are both databases on the same server? That could be an issue. I might also help to see all of the ADO snippet.

Paul

I solved it check this thread thread705-1047473.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back