Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

image slideshow PLS HELP!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 7, 2007
AU
I’d like to create an image slideshow but not sure if what I’m doing is the right way to go about it!

I’ve started a new project and set my document frame rate to 15fps

Eg:

I then added on Frame 1/Layer 1 my audio track (Which is a song I’d like to use) and added extra frames so that I can see the wav on the audio.

Now I’d like to listen to my song and add marks on the beats where I’d like the image to change. I can’t seem to work out how to stop and start my frame guider.

The only way I seem to be able to do this is by placing the frame guide on the first frame and hitting the ENTER key on my keyboard. The problem that lies here is that every time I use this option, I’m unable to stop the music, the only way it will stop is by waiting for it to play to the end or doing a test movie (ctrl+enter) and cancelling the movie playback.

I want to be able to play the song and add my markers without having to stop start all the time, is this possible?

So at this stage the way I am adding changes on a beat is by pressing ENTER on the timeline and roughly remembering which frame number that beat was on. I then add a key frame on that beat to make the images change to the beat.

Eg:

Sound's Sync (Sync box in the properties...) should be set to "stream", you can then play and stop the sound, and can even scrub it with the mouse.
So that Flash maintains a tight sync whenever this is online, the sound's Sync should in fact be set to stream anyways... Otherwise, your sync will be lost.

Regards. Web Hosting - Web Design
01/07/07 -> [link
05/03/07->] TO GET YOUR OWN FREE WEBSITE HOSTING[/url]

Wow you are a genius ……

I’ve been tearing my hair out for months trying to figure this out!

I’ve even gone about it the long way. I creating a slideshow in my video editing software exported it as an avi and then converting it to a flv/swf and imbedded that in my html.

Eg:
Thanks heaps for your help oldnewbie………

I know….. I tried a 56k connection the other day and it took approximately 45min LOL :)

So what file size should I be aiming for with the style of slideshow I want to create? I think the one on my site goes for 2 ½ min and ended up being a little over 100mb ;(

Oldnewbie,

I’m really keen in putting my own site together but don’t have enough knowledge to do so.

Would you be interested in helping me with my site?

I’d be happy to still pay you your rates however would like to be part of the designing and flash process as I’d like to manage my site. The only reason is I’d like to constantly change the slideshows on a regular basis and feel I would need to know a lot more about flash to do that ;-)

Mind you, quality is very good but you'd probably be able to get it much lower in bytes, if you did it within Flash...

Don't import large photographs if you're going to use them at a smaller size in Flash. You can probably compress that music track also... How heavy is the music?

As for helping you out, I'll do it for free or almost...
I'm not even in this business... I'm really a film editor and Flash is just a hobby...

Regards. COMING SOON - Web Design

TO GET YOUR OWN FREE WEBSITE HOSTING

Wow…… I’m an editor as well! Mainly Corporate/Weddings but have been editing for over 15 years.

I’ve really taken an interest in flash myself and decided to give my site a go however I’ve realised action scripting isn’t as easy as it looks.

Much appreciate your help like I said I am happy to pay if need be.

How can I keep in contact? I’m constantly on MSN or email what works best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back