Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

image sizing/adjustment when importing

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizzlyadamsuk

Technical User
May 22, 2003
US
How would I automatically scale the image to fit the presized image holder ?

I have setup my master pages to hold images in their relevant place, but when I try to replace the holder in the document with the image - the image drops in at a diffreent size.

i NEED the image to scale to the holder size.
( all images are PSD format, 300dpi. - I can scale them using genuine fractals BUT with 700+ images id rather not have to have 3 or four differently sized versions fo the same image - i dont have the disk space for that either )

ALSO - as the document is a draft - with all the images to be re-taken by a profesional....... id rather not do the work twice!

any help/guidance/comment/mirth appreciated.

Blow me.

I did a search, and found out how. Right Click the image after importing it, and use the FIT menu choice - bingo

I'm a happy camper.

I wonder what it does to the dpi of the image?

Im guessing I need to ensure Im at 300dpi for the largest size, as shrinking the pic would retain that dpi. otherwise the dpi would have to drop/and the qauilty would suck as it got bigger ???

this program is cooler than a cool thing that is cold.

Is it possible to export an image in rtf format?

Is it possible to retain transparancy on an image when exporting to .pdf?

If so, how?

I'm am new to this page layout stuff, and am "trying out" Indesign. The built in help files aren't to helpful. Any online tutorials/primers suggestions?

thx

Sorry about the previous post, I meant to start a new thread - not reply.

I just woke up.

Your dpi won't change on your image whether you upsize or downsize. If you need 300dpi you are going to press with the item. Depending upon the type of paper, 300 may be a higher resolution that what is necessary, but...with that said, you could comfortably increase the size to 135% or so without loss of quality in the final product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back