Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Image Sizes not displaying correctly for certain users

Status
Not open for further replies.

nlaliberte

Programmer
Apr 26, 2007
US
We're using Crystal XI and an OLE DB connection.

Basically we are displaying a company logo in the top right of the page header. When I developed the report I inserted the image and left it in it's original size, 2.26" by 0.44".

When the report is viewed through the UI via Crystal Report Viewer the image displays correctly on the majority of our developers and QA analysts screens. However there are two machines in which the image is enlarged, but stuck inside the 2.26" by 0.44" object, thus making it appear like someone cropped out the bottom and right of the logo.

This is not a UI issue however. I emailed a hardcopy of the report file to one of the users who is experiencing the issue. When she opens the report and we go to 'format graphic', it lists the original size as 2.73" by 0.53". As I said, even though the graphics size has somehow increased, the object still appears to be the size I developed it in, causing the cropped image.

Does anyone know what may be causing this to happen? Any advice?

What format did you email the hardcopy of the report in?

Can you check this user's DPI settings (XP desktop, properties, advanced)?

Can you check the user's browser text size? (View, Text Size -- default is MEDIUM)

Can you have the user setup the same model printer that you have as his/her default printer and then view the report?

-- Jason
"It's Just Ones and Zeros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back