Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

image sharpness

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgyboy

IS-IT--Management
Oct 20, 2002
AU
hi, i dont know if am asking this question in the right forum or not - so point me in the right direction if so.
I have developed a site in Flash and when i go gallery>action the smaller shots on the right side of the screen are as sharp as i would like,
I have tried saving them as bigger file in photoshop and increasing quality but it still doesnt work, like i said earlier i dont know if there is anything i can do in Lfash to help this problen but thought i would ask

Have you scaled them in Flash or Photoshop?
Better to import them at the size you'd be using them in Flash, then to scale them down from the larger version, if that's what you did. Regards,

oldman3.gif

Don't worry, if my reply is wrong, BillWatson will clean it up for me!

I've found that in Flash if you choose the item that blurs and then go to modify -> trace bitmap and change the first field to 1 it greatly increases the quality but it also increases the file size and since you have so many pictures on there it might raise the file size too much but I dont know i guess you can try it out.

thanks for the options guys. at the moment i have made them the size they are going to be in flash, in photoshop,. so that there was no scaling in flash ( for size reasons) i havent fixed it yet but will keep trying
thanks again

In the publish settings you can set the JPEG quality. Try increasing this value, maybe it helps.

FCiL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back