Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

image rotation/slideshow with links

Status
Not open for further replies.

akalinowski

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2006
US
not sure what this is called, but if you go to i know its written in cf on the right hand side there are 4 images that link to 4 products and they rotate.
i want to know what that is called and a link to a tutorial would also be awesome as i want to do that for one of my sites, however i'm not a real cf programmer i just cobble together a few tags here and there
thanks in advanced!

akalinowski

I do not know a way of doing that in CF, I suspect there is a javascript, flash or other code. But I will admit it has been a couple of years since I worked in CF, maybe it is something new.

If it is just a static picture that you want different for each person visiting the site just use a query with a random number generator. I do that on a gallery of pictures for the header of the gallery page.
Query recordcount
RandRange(1, recordcount)

If you can't stand behind your troops, stand in front of them.
Semper Fidelis

Jim

akalinowski,

It is done with javascript, look at the source of the home page document and look for the line "setTimeout("moveNewsHeadline()", 6000);" to see the html.

When searching for a tutorial look for "rotating images". You should have plenty of examples. This document is putting all four images in the same master div then using javascript to change the display property of the four sub-div nodes that contain the images.

Hope that gets you started.

Lyndon

---People Remember about 10% of what you say ---They never forget how you made them feel. Covey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back