Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Image replacement by authorized user

Status
Not open for further replies.

oprtsr

IS-IT--Management
Aug 24, 2000
US
I'm working on a special request to display, graphically, a status page for our computer systems. Authorized users must be able to change the image displayed, basically from a green light to a red light.
Using simple batch files (remember those?) from an update page and the refresh on the target page, this worked fine locally. It did nothing, zilch, when placed on the Intranet server. The only time it did work was after I re-published the page. Sorry, can't do that every 10 minutes.
OK, there has GOT to be a good JavaScript out there that will allow the change of an image, and a way for the target page to refresh or reload the image after it has changed. Has anyone seen or written such a monster?
Thanks in advance. I'm the one with the clumps of my own hair still prodruding from my frustrated fists! ;-D

use the same technique you'd use to change an image on a rollover. Use image objects and preload them. when the user clicks the button to change the image, change the src property of the image object.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back